There is a long tradition in the church of small faith communities meeting for sharing faith and mutual support, for study, and for prayer. A Small Christian Community (SCC) is a group of 6-12 individuals who meet on a regular basis to connect their lives more closely with the Christian stories in the Catholic tradition. They pray together, socialize together, and are actively involved in social justice issues.
As a participant, you can…
- meet and befriend other parishioners
- “break open” and reflect on the Sunday Scriptures
- build community and face-to-face church
- share faith and serve the spiritual journey of others
- grow in discipleship in Jesus Christ
- help to bring about “the Kingdom of God” in the world
To identify a SCC in your area or for help launching a new Small Christian Community, contact Christy Hebert, Coordinator of Fiath Formation, at (864) 643-2587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.