Helping You Help Yourself
The mission of Work Forward is to provide free job-search guidance, professional coaching, and support to the area’s unemployed so they can help themselves secure meaningful, self-fulfilling, permanent work.
- To address the ramifications of job loss
- To empower participants with job-search skills that set them apart from other job seekers
Workshop Topics –
Workshops are held biannually, in April and October, in Newman Hall on the St. Andrew Catholic Church Campus in Clemson. Participants will first complete a 10-hour workshop that covers the following topics:
- Exit Statements: Why you left your last job
- Elevator Speeches: Telling about yourself in 30 seconds
- Self-Assessments: Knowing yourself and making sure a job is a good fit
- Résumés and Cover Letters: Your first connection to an employer
- Networking: What it is and how to get started
- Interview Tips: What to expect, what to do, and what not to do
- Negotiations for Salary and Benefits: How to create a win-win situation
- LinkedIn: How to connect professionally
After completing the workshop, participants can contact the Work Forward guides to practice for an upcoming interview, update a résumé, discuss negotiating approaches, and/or learn how to start a business. Coaching is also available.
Work Forward is a ministry that focuses on job-search skills that help improve individual confidence and approaches for landing a job. The workshops are open to the local community and go far beyond résumé writing, which is only part of the picture. Please note that Work Forward does not include online support for people who have not attended a workshop.